The Oregon Community Foundation recently announced more than $550,000 in grants to nonprofits that serve residents of Crook, Deschutes and Jefferson counties.
• Abilitree received $18,000 to expand its job training and support services for individuals with disabilities;
• La Pine Parks and Recreation District received $35,000 to renovate the White School building;
• Advantage Smiles for Kids received $7,000 to provide orthodontic and associated dental care for low-income, at-risk children;
• Crooked River Watershed Council received $12,000 to increase its organizational capacity and expand its services;
• Deschutes Children’s Foundation received $27,000 for general support;
• Family Access Network Foundation received $36,000 for a development specialist position and general support;
• Healing Reins Therapeutic Riding Center received $3,000 to ensure low-income disabled children can enjoy its services;
• The KIDS Center received $37,000 for general support;
• MountainStar Family Relief Nursery received $12,500 for general support;
• Sisters Kiwanis Community Service Fund received $1,000 for a mobile dental van; and
• Sunriver Music Festival received $5,500 for general support.
For more information, visit its website www .oregoncf.org.