• Braves 5, Phillies 0: PHILADELPHIA — Brian McCann hit a grand slam, Tim Hudson tossed four-hit ball over seven innings and Atlanta beat Philadelphia to spoil Ryan Howard’s season debut.
• Rockies 5, Nationals 1: WASHINGTON — Tyler Colvin homered twice off Stephen Strasburg to back a masterful pitching performance by Drew Pomeranz and lead Colorado past Washington, ending the Nationals’ four-game winning streak.
• Cubs 8, Mets 7: NEW YORK — Anthony Rizzo hit a three-run homer and Chicago closer Carlos Marmol caught a line drive and started a game-ending double play that blunted New York’s bid for another ninth-inning comeback.
• Giants 6, Pirates 5: PITTSBURGH — Melky Cabrera hit his eighth homer of the season, Ryan Theriot drove in two runs and San Francisco beat Pittsburgh.
• Brewers 7, Astros 1: HOUSTON — Norichika Aoki and Ryan Braun hit consecutive homers in the first inning and Rickie Weeks later hit a two-run shot, leading Yovani Gallardo and Milwaukee past Houston.
• Marlins 3, Cardinals 2: ST. LOUIS — Ricky Nolasco allowed an unearned run in six innings and Jose Reyes got the go-ahead RBI with an infield hit in the seventh, leading Miami to a victory over St. Louis.
Reds 6, Padres 0: SAN DIEGO — Bronson Arroyo pitched a three-hitter, and Ryan Hanigan, Todd Frazier and Zack Cozart homered for Cincinnati in a win over San Diego.
• Diamondbacks 5, Dodgers 3: PHOENIX — Justin Upton broke out of a three-for-19 slump with a key two-run triple and Arizona rallied to beat Los Angeles and snap a six-game losing streak.